Friday, May 24, 2013

Baggy Baked Chicken

BAGGY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS

PRINTER HAPPY VERSION> > > > > > > > > > >
I remember being a little gal in my moms kitchen helping her make "Shake & Bake" chicken, and how I was always blown away by the fact that she could put a plastic bag in the oven and it didn't melt or ruin the dish in any way?? Crazy oven voodo.... or was my Mama just magic? I never really found out exactly-- I still to this day think those plastic oven bags are made from kitchen fairy dust or something... so maybe I AM totally crazy. I realize that these OVEN BAGS are not a new thing, but I just recently began using them in my own kitchen, and was amazed at how juicy the food stays when I cook with them. Reynolds Oven Bags are my favorite. They are not super expensive but definitely worth their weight in gold when baking chicken- one of those dishes that is so easy to over cook.



INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups Breadcrumbs or Panko 
1/2 tablespoon Basil
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons Parmesan Grated Cheese
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves 
(about 1-1/2 lbs.)
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil 
1 Oven Bag

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 400°. Combine HS Chicken Rub, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil and garlic powder in a separate bowl.  Dip the cleaned and trimmed chicken in oil and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides really well. Place the cooking bag inside a 13 x 9-inch roasting pan. Carefully arrange chicken inside the cooking bag and use the provided tie to loosely close the bag.  Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. 

Once its ready I usually cut the bag open at the top and then slice it down the middle. This creates two flaps that will fold back easily, so you can get the chicken breasts out without making a big mess ha! I love serving this chicken with homemade mac & cheese and mixed veggies... I know it seems like a kiddie meal, but all of the adult (or whatever I am) love it just as much as the little ones!

< < < < < <   DOUBLE DUTY ALERT   > > > > > >
If you have the ability to make extra chicken, Set it aside because this recipe makes a perfect  DOUBLE DUTY DINNER when paired with our Dang Cute Personal Pot Pies or our Hearty Homestead Chicken Pot Pie recipes it can save you tons of time, preparing, cooking and dicing chicken!
LESS TIME in the kitchen means MORE TIME with the LOVED ONES you are cooking for!








No comments:

Post a Comment