Friday, June 7, 2013

Crockpot Peppercorn Beef Brisket

CROCKPOT PEPPERCORN BEEF BRISKET

PRINTER HAPPY VERSION > > > > > > > > >

I have never been a big fan of Brisket or Corned Beef.... until recently. I was staying at my sisters and her husband, who is an amazing cook by the way, made it for all of us. I was BLOWN away!! I had always thought it had to be dry and fatty, too peppery and rubbery... pretty much GROSS- but like so many other things in my adult life, I was way WAY wrong.
It was tender, flavorful and it melted in your mouth. I was so excited to try his method of cooking brisket, but with the HOMESTEAD SEASONINGS Salt-Free spices!

INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 pounds corned beef brisket
1/4 cup black peppercorns
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 onion, peeled and quartered

INSTRUCTIONS 
Place the corned beef briskets into a large crockpot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the briskets by 1 inch. Add the HS Beef Rub, peppercorns and garlic powder and quartered onions. Cover the crockpot and set on high for 1 hour. At the end of an hour the water in the crockpot should be boiling. Once the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cook for an additional 3-4 hours, checking hourly, and adding more water if necessary to keep the meat covered. Once the time is up-- carefully remove the meat from the pot, as it will be extremely tender. Set on a cutting board, and allow it to rest until it firms up a bit, about 10 minutes. Slice or shred to serve. I usually discard the cooking liquid, but it can be used to cook cabbage and other vegetables if needed. It will be so tender and juicy... it will literally fall apart in your hands! Serve with potatoes, cabbage or on hearty artisan rolls for a "grab and go" situation-- Pot Luck Dinners, Football Games, Office Parties the works!



 > > > > > > > > >  > > > YUMMY!!
Seriously... look how deliciously juicy it is! Even though its close to midnight... I'm starting to talk my self into a meaty midnight sandwich!


No comments:

Post a Comment